And by and large, we have enjoyed great success in these endeavors, fighting the suppression of speech by, for example,
- Our actions to strike sign ordinances in nearly a dozen communities
- Stopping the unequal use of public fora, such as
- placing signs in Cincinnati Public School school yards,
- and holding rallies and press conferences in the City Hall lobby and
- holding rallies and pres conferences in the corridors of the County Administration Building
Here, on Breitbart.com, U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell advocates for a vigilant defense of the First Amendment and explains how liberals perniciously and persistently nibble at the edges of the cherished principle of free speech for their political advantage. He also nails McCain-Feingold:
one of the great disappointments I’ve had on this issue is to have to witness a Republican president sign McCain-Feingold, a bill that passed through a Republican house and a Republican senateCandidly, we don't agree with all of the positions and priorities of Senator McConnell on a lot of issues -- we long for a tougher stand on debt and spending for example -- but we must say Senator McConnell consistently and firmly gets the First Amendment right. And for that we are tremendously appreciative.