Holly Paz, the first IRS employee
fired over Tea Party scandal
Let's put the puzzle pieces together of her involvement in this evolving imbroglio.
- Paz contributed $2,000 to the 2008 Barack Obama for President campaign;
- Paz was originally stationed in IRS' Cincinnati office for Tax Exempt Organizations when the Tea Party targeting began;
- She was promoted in 2011 to be director of the office rulings and agreements for the IRS in Washington, D.C. under Lois Lerner, who has improperly pled the Fifth to avoid telling what she knows to Congress about the scandal;
- Paz was early to learn about or be involved with Tea Party targeting;
- Paz was involved in an internal IRS investigation that in May 2012 essentially concluded that the agency had been targeting conservative groups, an entire year before the IG report concluded the same thing;
- Interestingly, when the Investigator General of the IRS, Russell George, conducted his non-investigation, investigation ("it was only an audit") of the scandal, implementing Stalin-style intimidation tactics, Paz was in the room looming over the witnesses in 36 of the 41 interviews conducted to develop the report.
- We know Paz was one of the first employees that House investigators zeroed in upon for questioning.
- Now, Paz is the first IRS employee invovled in the scandal to be fired.
We hope she sings.