With that in mind, we today explore the ignoble and hopefully short Council tenure of one Chris Seelbach. With this article, we ask, which moment is the highlight of Chris Seelbach's Councimanic service?
- The 911 call of his alleged assault in July of 2012: "I have been drinking, for sure!," and in which he identifies himself as a Council member four times in under a minute.
- His vote -- the key 6th vote -- for an Emergency Clause for the Parking Plot lease, they key vote the 1st District Court of Appeals identified as legally allowing the ordinance to avoid a referendum.
- His vote in favor of the disastrous Streetcar spending.
vote in favor ofsponsorship of the $4.4 million City Hall glass atrium (CORRECTED 9/15/13).
- His misappropriation of $1,218 for his personal trip to Washington, D.C. to receive the Harvey Milk "Champion of Change" Award from President Barack Obama, and the expenses of two City Hall staffers to tag along.
- And, how could we forget his disastrous "responsible bidder" ordinance that has stopped all MSD capital projects dead in their tracks
There's more, lots more, as Seelbach has served reliably as a slavish sycophant of the Mallory/Qualls agenda that is spending Cincinnati into a deep hole of debt.
We will continue to visit these issues through election day.