And, make no mistake, by and large, Republicans have stood firm in trying valiantly to stop it.
- The Hamilton County Republican Party and Alex Triantiafilou endorsed both ballot issues to stop the train wreck.
- State Senator Shannon Jones sponsored, and the Republican House, Senate, and Governor passed and signed into law a prohibition of spending State monies on the Streetcar.
- Governor John Kasich yanked $52 million in State monies from the project.
- Hamilton County's Commissioners have prohibited the expenditure of MSD funds for utility relocation relating to the project.
- Mayor Mallory and the Bat Shit Crazy Council have slated $11million of the proceeds from the sale of the Blue Ash Airport to the City of Blue Ash for streetcar construction costs.
- The FAA told the City that they can't use the proceeds from the sale of an operating airport for anything other than improvements at other airports. So the $11 million was locked up at City Hall.
- However, the FAA will allow the use of the funds for a streetcar if the sale was effectuated after the closing of the airport.
- So....the lawyers at the City have cooked up a plan to un-do the 2006 deal with Blue Ash, then close the airport, and then re-do the sale, thus freeing the funds for boondoggle use.
Thus, the 7-member GOP Council and Mayor in Blue Ash appear poised to aid and abet the abuse of Cincinnati taxpayers and to abandon their Republican constituency that is strongly opposed to the Streetcar boondoggle.
COAST is encouraging its members to call and write the squishy Council members in Blue Ash and oppose this outrage.