- Indiana Senator Dick Lugar (defeated in 2012)
- Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania (defeated in 2010)
- Florida Governor Charlie Christ, who lost in a primary election for U.S. Senate (Defeated in 2010)
- Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska (defeated in 2010 primary only to be resurrected in the general)
- Ohio Congressman Jean Schmidt (gloriously defeated in 2012)
- Ohio Representative Peter Stautberg (defeated in 2014)
- Blue Ash Council member Rick Bryan (defeated in 2014 for State Representative)
- (Who else are we missing?)
What is it that claimed all of them?
It was not just that they tilted to the left of their constituents, but that each tried to run intellectually dishonest campaigns, pretending to their voters to be someone other than who they actually were. This characteristic is worse than just "liberal," and worse then just "out of touch." It is a sign of bad character.
The voters sense it, they know it, and they don't like it. They act upon it.